Help with humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKE

I need some help with a humidity situation. I live in Colorado, where it is normally very dry and have no issues keeping my Dragons humidity down. The house is cooled with a evaporative cooler(swamp cooler) and it’s jacked up the humidity substantially. I live in a mother-in-law in the bottom of a house, so I’m as far away from it as I can get.

I closed all my vents to try and cut back on the air and put a rice sock in the enclosed but it hasn’t helped.I don’t keep any water in the enclosure to avoid evaporation. Is there anything else besides buying a dehumidifier that would bring that humidity back down? Like a box of Arm&Hammer or something?

Appreciate any help.

Thank you

BKE

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi BKE,

What actually is the humidity at in the tank? You might not have to do anything if it's not actually too high.

Have you made sure your hygrometer is actually reading correctly too? Sometimes they can be quite off. Here is a guide on how to do so: Hygrometer calibration

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom