New dragon + any ideas on pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelleyb

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum, but not new to beardie/reptile keeping. My first beardie, Jedi, passed away last November and a few days ago I finally decided to bring a new baby home. He doesn't have a name yet, as I always take forever to pick a name I like for my scaley friends haha.

My main purpose in joining this forum now is to ask if anyone has seen this pattern before. He's unlike any beardie I've ever seen, and despite some digging around on Google I haven't found any definitive clues on pattern. He doesn't have any color morph, I'm just wondering if he is some different pattern or if he'll end up growing into a "normal" bearded dragon. Of course it doesn't really matter, just my own nagging curiosity ;p

The spots on his back just seem very large/more prominent than I've typically seen. Just wanted to ask around if anyone is more familiar with it.

105246-8134520948.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum --- sorry to hear about your last beardie--- the one you have now is beautiful --coloring along w/ the pattern ---- I am not familiar w/ patterns and such but others on here could be --- if you have any questions please ask
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome! Sorry about your last one :(

As far as your new guy, he appears to be a "normal" morph, but all that means is he doesn't appear to have any of the genetic mutations you see in this hobby such as hypo, trans, leatherback, etc.

Pattern and color don't have much to do with morphs, so a normal dragon can still have amazing paterns and color, it's all genetic and has a lot to do with what the parents looked like.

Where did you get him?

I do agree though, his pattern is much more pronounced than we typically see. He kind of looks like the pattern you get from the barbata hybrids. But it would be highly unlikely for him to be part barbata unless you were told you were buying a barbata hybrid.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, he's a normal/standard beardie. They can have all sorts of patterns that vary widely within every clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom