Hey y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren870

Hi everyone I'm Warren. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm the proud caretaker of three beardies. I have Charlie my adult male. I've had him for almost two years. He was a teenagers pet i found on Craigslist. Poor guy was in a 75 gallon tank with five other beardies (yes six beardies in one tank... ugh) so he's missing most of his toes and the tip of his tail. Then I have two newer additions. Marcus and Victoria also Craigslist finds. They were an impulse buy then when the lady figured out they needed daily care she sold them. No clue as to sex of the little ones but the names fit. All three inhabit a corner of my room (in separate cages) along with thirteen tarantulas, a pair of American toads, a hissing roach colony and a darkling beetle colony. I prefer raising my animals food so I know they're healthy. Anyway just wanted to say hi and I'm looking forward to learning from some of the more experienced keepers here.
105235-4263743688.jpg

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
That's quite a collection! Are the tarantulas different kinds? You feed the hissers to your pets? It's funny, I've only ever seen those *as* pets, partly due to their size. I'm working on a discoid colony here (in Florida, so many of the typical kinds of roaches aren't allowed).

Warren870

Original Poster
Out of the 13 tarantulas I have 10 different species. I have a pair of B hamoriis and a trio of A avicularias I plan on breeding down the road. The hissers started out as pets but once the colony got too large I started feeding some of the juveniles off to the larger tarantulas and as an occasional treat for my adult beardie.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Warren870":3jd5o27i said:
Out of the 13 tarantulas I have 10 different species. I have a pair of B hamoriis and a trio of A avicularias I plan on breeding down the road. The hissers started out as pets but once the colony got too large I started feeding some of the juveniles off to the larger tarantulas and as an occasional treat for my adult beardie.
Wow, that's really a lot of 'piders! I like them, but have never kept them. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom