What is the best tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My advice is to provide the largest enclosure you can. The most cost effective way of doing this is usually building your own. Something that is at least 4'x2'x2' and has a good amount of ventilation will work well for an adult in most cases. If you have the space to build something larger, I'd do it. As far as commercial options go, at the moment I like the Zen Habitat enclosures best for cost/quality. They pack flat so they are easier and cheaper to ship.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I like my Zen Habitat as well ---- cost has gone up since I bought mine back in Dec but they have also added things like a different flooring as to what mine came w/ which was the bamboo floor- I also did not get the substrate shield in mine as I use slated ceramic tile-- there are other places listed on this board under the enclosures board -- it gives a list of places to buy from --- check that out
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1bcq8kid said:
My advice is to provide the largest enclosure you can. The most cost effective way of doing this is usually building your own. Something that is at least 4'x2'x2' and has a good amount of ventilation will work well for an adult in most cases. If you have the space to build something larger, I'd do it. As far as commercial options go, at the moment I like the Zen Habitat enclosures best for cost/quality. They pack flat so they are easier and cheaper to ship.
Lol i do not know how to build a tank

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
CooperDragon":332por5w said:
My advice is to provide the largest enclosure you can. The most cost effective way of doing this is usually building your own. Something that is at least 4'x2'x2' and has a good amount of ventilation will work well for an adult in most cases. If you have the space to build something larger, I'd do it.
+1 I'm going with 5' x 2' x 2'
BeardedDragonSteve":332por5w said:
Lol i do not know how to build a tank
This guy will sell you a kit--precut--that you can assemble with few tools. He doesn't include the glass (he's had experience with it breaking in shipping) but provides the size of glass you'll need, which can be gotten locally. It also comes with some extras--see the site & video.
https://talkingserpents.com/product/d-i-y-reptile-enclosure-kit-48w-x-24d-x-24h/
He also has a YT channel, and a video about this kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRZ_rnrKcA

Disclaimer:
Not an endorsement. I've never done business with this company, nor do I have any connection--just passing along a source I found while searching for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom