My first beardie and I'm in love!

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

My first beardie and I'm in love!

Postby MadDog00 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Her name is Rex and she is about 4 months old. I have had her for a little over a month. She is beautiful and crazy. [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
She loves sleeping in the weirdest positions but its funny to me![Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

She also has this beautiful cheetah like pattern on her belly[Click image to enlarge]
MadDog00
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My first beardie and I'm in love!

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 24, 2019 5:56 am

Welcome to the forum! She's a good looking dragon =). They do love sleeping in odd positions. There is a whole thread about it on here with photos of them https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=141955

I do advise getting rid of the red light as that may disrupt her sleep. If the temps in her tank stay above 65 or so overnight, you don't need any additional heat. If the temps need a boost on cool nights, I suggest using a low wattage ceramic heat emitter or a MegaRay heat projector. These produce heat without visible light and are great for overnight heating as needed.
CooperDragon

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri May 24, 2019 6:53 am

They know how to get their human slaves to love them , that's for sure.

They also know how to get their human to do their bidding too.

You are in for a wonderful adventure learning about your little spikey 4 legged scale child. Enjoy , and spend as much time with him / her as you can while he/she's small and goofy and curious.

Just another thing - best to get rid of the current bedding (coco peat ? is fine for bluetongue skinks and waterskinks , but inappropriate for central bearded dragons) , I find hatchlings like your's do very nicely on absorbant paper sheeting (2 or 3 sheets layered taken from the roll everyone has in the pantry.
Makes for very quick and easy cleanup (a little hatchling like you have is going to need feeding with live insects (best feeders are BSFL, blowfly gents, housefly gents, silkworms, crickets, roaches or locusts sized to suit) at least twice per day and will poo just as frequently.

The bedding you have is an impaction risk as some will accidently ingested with the food and if it's not digestible then it can cause blockage and impaction which is going to be very bad for such a young dragon.
I concur regard the red light / night light.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby claudiusx » Fri May 24, 2019 7:11 am

Welcome!

And hello there Rex!

Hopefully we will be seeing many more pics of rex... *nudge nudge* ;)

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby MadDog00 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Cooper Dragon— I had recently read about red lights and recently changed it. My house is cold so I have a ceramic heat bulb and a moonlight bulb which doesn’t produce much light at all.
MadDog00
Newbie Poster

Postby MadDog00 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Kingofnobbys— Thank you for the advice! I love spending time with her and watching all the weird things she does lol. In regards to the bedding it is actually Eco Earth which is ok if she ingests it. But it is just temporary. It came in the kit I bought so I am waiting for the bag to run out then I will switch to something easier.
MadDog00
Newbie Poster

Postby MadDog00 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:40 pm

Claudiusx— I will definitely keep the photos coming! She is very photogenic lol
MadDog00
Newbie Poster

Postby Dragongirl14 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:25 pm

She is so adorable!! 😍😍 keep the pics coming!!
Dragongirl14
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions