Our new spikey scale babies Cleo & Caesar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Gutzy died overnight or yesterday . RIP my little greedy inquisitive lady , I''ll miss your antics.

So I took the opportunity to move Fluffy into Cheekie's 29 L tub for now, she doesn't really need a huge 120L tub all to herself , I'll upgrade her to a 50 or 60 L tub later if she looks like she'll appreciate the extra space.
She seems to have settled in OK after a long snuggle and period daddy comforting time ( she seemed very clingy and I have to admit the quality skink time did me good too).

So since I've not had my handyman back on account of us self isolating ( too risky as he needs a lot one on one explanation for him to understand what I want ) ,the new full size tanks remain 90% complete and in storage in the shed and the mobile cabinet base is still under a tarp under the house with the unused Tas Oak DARs and 9mm thick project ply sheets.

I've not seen any aggression for Caesar towards Cleo , but it is moving towards spring and I think now is good time to separate the pair ( this will be their 2nd spring ) , and I now have a vacant mega tub that is spare ( water skinks were in it ) and so Cleo has go into this with a bit of a revamp and rearrange .
I think she likes being in the 2nd story level as she gets a better view from then the floor level tank.

This will keep the dragons separated and I might even see a growth spurt from Cleo who has been stubbornly growing slowly.

I'll keep on letting both share floor fun time each day and keep an eye out for any aggression but there has been none at all so ( they seem to enjoy each others' company but think will do better long term separated ).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Fluffy shed on the weekend. She's never any drama at shed time, give her an nice warm full water dish and she gets the old skin off no problem , woke on Saturday to find her shed floating in the water dish and some dry bits here and there in her tub.
George the Bluetongue shed next day , all done in a day and he was back to his calm chill self again.
Skinks are great shedders , it all comes off very easily regular as clockwork every 6 - 8 weeks in a day.

Been months since Cleo or Caesar shed , but last week I noticed Cleo's head was getting dull and her lips a bit puffy , so I knew a shed was on it's was .

We'll she woke up at the crack of dawn crawling all over here rearing tub and pushing stuff all over the place , scratching and rubbing hard on everything sight.

Major head and beard shed in progress and she was very unsettled most of the day til I helped her out by getting the very loose stuff off for her , brightened up lots after that ( happy colors so I guess she was felling less itchy and more comfortable ) nostrils are yet to shed and she's been rubbing on stuff to loosen up the nostil scales and move the inner shed , hoping she'll get these out in next few days .

I've not weighed them lately , but think Cleo looks like she's growing, she's definitely adjusted to having her own digs, and Caesar has too now, but he likes to sit on the lounge next to Cleo when she's taken over my seat.

Was a grumpy girl, no hissing or aggression , but not really into being cuddled today.

So looks like it's going to be piecemeal sheds for Cleo ( and Caesar) from now on.
They grow up too fast !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom