Our new spikey scale babies Cleo & Caesar

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Re: Our new spikey scale babies Cleo & Caesar

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun May 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Cleo this week 36.5g (grown +7g) ==> 3.65x her original weight.

Caesar this week 65g (grown +10.5g) ==> 4.37x his original weight. He's now coming out for brief periods of daddy quality time each day , still not so sure about being picked up , but once he's on my tummy or chest he's OK for few minutes , then decides he wants off.

He likes taking his silkworm from my fingers, and is very good at taking crickets that way too.

He had his 2nd full shed last week so was a bit "grumpy".

Caesar is now occasionally letting me pick him up for qt with me and Cleo, Cleo being on me calms him .
Cleo on the shirt , Caesar sitting in my hand being petted using my thumb. Was good while it lasted (about 3 minutes) then both Caesar and Cleo spotted something interesting and warranting closer examination).
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Wed May 15, 2019 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 am

Cleo definitely is fascinated by Fluffy , if Fluffy makes an appearance to drink , play in her water dish or raid her food dish when Cleo is out on me , Cleo immediately pays attention and wants to visit Fluffy's tank rim , to take closer look at the water skink.
Fluffy simply plays cool and goes about her unusual activities but wont go back to sleep in the cool zone until Cleo goes back into the dragon rearing tub , then she expects me to pick her up and give her some quality time too.

Caesar has a new routine, every night for the last week he's been making a little "nest for himself" in the cool zone (back corner) and pulling the covers (paper toweling) over himself about 30 minutes before the lights go out.

I ran out of medium and large silkworms yesterday and Caesar was not impressed when he didn't get his daily big silkworm , I offered him some crickets by hand and his response was to look at me in disgust , as is to say to me " yes , I know they are crickets , but I want my silkworm, where is it hooman " , when he figured the silkworms were not coming he accepted the crickets.

Caesar is coming out for a couple of short period of quality daddy time on my tummy each day now, and colours up very brightly now , but like Toothless , he is a live wire and wont sit still on me for more than 5 minutes before he decides he's had enough and wants off or back in the rearing tub with Cleo.

So far so good, Cleo and Caesar have been very good together and often chose to bask and sleep together and even synchronise their pooing. Caesar doesn't like Cleo being taken out the rearing tank and watches her and me like a hawk while she's out on me and he has been scratching and standing up at the corner nearest where I usually sit and only settles if I reach in and pet him and talk to him. Today he even voluntarily climbed onto my hand when I did this.

I know this blissful situation is not permanent .
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Thu May 16, 2019 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Wed May 15, 2019 11:00 am

I'm glad to hear they're both still doing well. Enjoy the "blissful situation" while you can I suppose =). I've noticed the nest building/burrowing behavior that Caesar has been doing as well. Small fleece blankets or a pile of scrap fleece has been popular for my guys to burrow and sleep in.
CooperDragon

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu May 16, 2019 7:37 am

OK - since Caesar has decided he likes to bed down in the cool zone under the paper , I've stripped 4 sheets of paper towel and rolled them into loose balls (4 per sheet) and deposited them in the corner he likes to sleep in.

Cleo was the first to notice the change and was into the paper balls exploring them right away. Nothing gets past her.
Caesar discovered them ofter his last buggy meal for the day and after a basking session and likes them. He was under / in amongst the pile of paper balls and asleep by 9pm.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby possumpeg » Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 pm

Very pretty babies you have!
When tempted to fight fire with fire; remember, firefighters use water.
possumpeg
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Weekly weighin

Cleo is now 38.6g , only gained 2.1g this week. ( a 6% gain )

Caesar is now 70.1g , only gained 4.6g this week. ( a 7% gain )

Ran out large and medium sized home grown silkworms , this has contributed to a slowing in growth this week.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Introductions