Meet "Rock" need help aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmelol

Hello guys, nice to meet you all!
Iam french living in Shanghai,CHINA and 2/3 weeks ago while walking with my gf in a small city outside Shanghai we passed by this semi outdoor Pet/Flower market...

I find a shop with dying and dead babies bearded dragon which surprise me because they kind of take care of animals here in this area.

Anyway i bought it thinking his/her situation could not be worst :> had to became a semi expert of the beardie in a very short time to make sure he will survive!

Rock is fine now eating tiny meal worm/ cricket/ organic green/ and chilling like vilain under his baske & uvb spot in a 5* giant terrarium ( supply is cheap here :D )

Here some picture of him cause iam curious to know if somebody could tell me if he/she is a classic or leather back morph ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum -- so you saved one from dying? Please post pics of their tank and lighting
Karrie

mmelol

Original Poster
KarrieRee":24w7ndvs said:
Welcome to the forum -- so you saved one from dying? Please post pics of their tank and lighting
Karrie

Hey thank! Sorry i had to edit my message was not complete
Here the tank
*The substrat been removed since, did not realise was to small and he could swallow it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The tank looks very nice but your UVB needs to be in the tank unless the screen on top is wide holes-- and what kind of UVB is it? What did you replace the substrate w/? On the forum most recommend this type of lighting-- Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T 5 light fixture as well. You can also go w/ the Reptison T 8 and from what I can tell the UVB fixture is a tube? The T 8 is not as strong a bulb as the T 5-- and needs to be changed out every 6 months---- whereas the T 5 once a year-- what are you feeding the little guy? He looks to me like a leatherback --- but some others on here would haft to see it as well --
Karrie

mmelol

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1s7xqr8f said:
The tank looks very nice but your UVB needs to be in the tank unless the screen on top is wide holes-- and what kind of UVB is it? What did you replace the substrate w/? On the forum most recommend this type of lighting-- Reptisun 10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will need a T 5 light fixture as well. You can also go w/ the Reptison T 8 and from what I can tell the UVB fixture is a tube? The T 8 is not as strong a bulb as the T 5-- and needs to be changed out every 6 months---- whereas the T 5 once a year-- what are you feeding the little guy? He looks to me like a leatherback --- but some others on here would haft to see it as well --
Karrie

Substrate been replace by a ceramic ties, and yes the light is indead reptisun 10 tube and a reptisun 10 bulb, temperature is good and humidity at 25% !

Feeding live cricket/waxworm/tiny mealworm and green all shake with calcium/amino acids/minerals

Btw a friend of mine have a UVB meter for his tortules, how many uW/cm2 iam looking for ?

Cheers

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome! He sure is a cutey.
It's hard to tell from the picture if he's a leatherback or not. Do his scales feel smooth?
They look pretty subdued from the picture so if i had to say based off the picture, yes.
mmelol":2xck7ygt said:
Btw a friend of mine have a UVB meter for his tortules, how many uW/cm2 iam looking for ?

Cheers

With the reptisun 10.0 you want the dragon to be able to get within 6-8 inches of it at the basking area. This should give a good range of UVI throughout the tank. I don't recall exaactly what number that correlates to but if I had to guess I'd say around 4.5.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Oh good ----------- he should thrive in that tank then-- you got a good UVB going -- and it sounds like you know what your doing--- there are so many people that come on here that all their equipment is not right they now have a sick dragon etc etc etc...................... I have never actually taken a reading of my UVB -- I just know what I am supposed to have and where it needs to be and my Hiccup is thriving--- so it must be all good --- other wise you end up w/ a very sick dragon---
Karrie

mmelol

Original Poster
It's hard to tell from the picture if he's a leatherback or not. Do his scales feel smooth?
I guess :D

I don't recall exaactly what number that correlates to but if I had to guess I'd say around 4.5.

Thx for the infos!

Oh good ----------- he should thrive in that tank then-- you got a good UVB going -- and it sounds like you know what your doing--- there are so many people that come on here that all their equipment is not right they now have a sick dragon etc etc etc...................... I have never actually taken a reading of my UVB -- I just know what I am supposed to have and where it needs to be and my Hiccup is thriving--- so it must be all good --- other wise you end up w/ a very sick dragon---
Karrie

Got it! thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom