Meet Donny...part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Lauren and I’d like to introduce my Donny for the second time. (UK)
I’m a first time beardie slave and after a few ups and downs he’s thriving and more characterful than ever. The day we brought him home we put together his Vivarium (my gut instinct was to set this up prior but I gave in to my boyfriend). We bought a starter kit by viv exotic which I can highly recommend apart from our missing bits (rare). We got it home to find we had no screws or instructions! 90 mins later...
At 6 months he acted strange after we moved house. Not having a reptile expert vet nearby we got some advice that he was healthy after a visit, turns out he had moderate levels of 2 parasites and excess yeast (so he’s most likely a girl!). Considering they did a substandard job they recommended the correct medication and rehab aids (avipro plus) and he was right as rain before we knew it. Never been so stressed and worried!
At 10 months old he’s 19 inches and approx 400-450 grams (haven’t weighed him for a while, and he was 350g at 16 inches). Mad to think he was 7 inches when we got him at 3 months! His absolute faves are dubia roaches and fruit beetle grubs. And despite him having parasites around Christmas time his reaction to the Christmas tree was priceless, if it wasn’t for the probability of him getting stuck I would let him nestle in!
100794-6576878112.jpg
100794-9498761566.jpg
100794-7937766220.jpg
100794-5628741397.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom