Murdock

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that provided all of the valuable information on this website. I'm not new to the reptile world, but am a new beardy owner and along with all the books I read, this website is such a valuable source of information when perfecting your husbandry. Figured I would share some pictures of Murdock. He is 6 months old currently, but these pictures were taken when we got him at 5 months. He's 19 inches and 360 grams at 6 months.

103523-5519307093.jpg
103523-2821428837.jpg

Thanks again everyone!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Murdock looks nice and healthy. He's quite a big dragon for 6 months old!

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Yes I was thinking he was pretty big so I even double checked with breeder.....he’s still growing like a weed too. Constantly shedding somewhere and he has grown 1.5 inches and 40+ grams in the month we have had him. He’s gonna eat me out of house and home lol. He’s definitley a toad

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that age he still has some growing to do so keep up with the bugs for now (he will eat you out of house and home for a while) but also try to get him into his veges. As he reaches adulthood it's important to transition to a mostly vegetarian diet to help stabilize his weight and keep him healthy. It's not always easy - they can be stubborn - so it's best to start introducing veges early and try to find some favorites. This list has some good ideas for things to try out http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is eating his greens pretty much daily. He loves turnip greens, mustard greens and collard greens and endive he has to be in the mood for. Not so big on fruit which I believe is probably not a bad thing. As far as bugs I have been offering pretty much everything, but he’s a big taker on silkworms. I offer crickets and Dubia along with a plethora of other worms too except for wax worms and meal worms. He eats all the others here and there but I haven’t met a silkworm that doesn’t end up in his belly yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom