New to site and Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlanders

Hi my name is Adam and I am just getting into bearded dragons. I have a few questions about what I'll need to get my terrarium up and running.

My biggest thing is how to set up my tank. I have a 150 gallon fish tank I'm converting over for the dragon. My concern is about the lighting, heat lamps, ubv lamps, and the basking lamps and the positioning of them.

Wondering if any one else has a tank this big and how they set it up or what brands to by or other items I need. Any help will be great.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum and thank you for asking for advice -- some here are more experienced than some of us but we all try to help out when we can --- fish aquariums are nice but it will be a little harder to take care of than a tank that has doors on front for easy access-- so w/ that being said you are going to need see the articles on the right side of page under Care and Husbandry Newbies Guide What to Buy can give you a lot of answers you are asking-- plus if you have any more questions please ask -- your lighting is the most important --- along w/ substrate- most of us on the forum recommend slated ceramic tile or non adhesive shelf liner from Home Depot Lowes etc......... the tile can be cut to the tank size for easy removal for clean up along w/ the shelf liner-- vinegar/ water in a spray bottle -- also for feeding I recommend dubia roaches as a staple feeder- they are better for the dragon dont give parasites like crickets do and can easier to take care of and they dont stink or chirp!! Also you want a Infrared heat gun from Walmart or Home Depot etc they are around $10 - they are most accurate for taking temps for basking area etc.. you also want a digital probe thermometer for inside the tank as well -- please read the articles on the website and please ask questions if you have any more thanks
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom