new beardie owner and new here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZShute17

Hi everyone! meet Tad Cooper (from the TV show Galavant--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iCzOllSjLU). tank was set up a week or so in advance to make sure temps and humidity were correct and stable. I got him from Petco on 2/16 (i know petco doesnt care for them the best but i felt good I was saving at least one baby beardie from poor conditions). I am assuming he is a monthish old based on size (havent weighed him yet). I have him in an exoterra 40 gal breeder (3x1.5x1.5). he has an MVB and CHE on the basking side and a fluorescent UVB over the rest of the tank (reptisun 10). basking spot temp right under the MVB is 115ish and the temperature gradient goes from there down to 80ish on the far side of the tank. he currently is eating crickets and roaches (not many, less than 10 per day :? ) but will be starting (hopefully) BSFL this week. he doesnt touch his veggies. I currently dust with calcuimw/d3 (reptile calcium) 5x and multivitamins (herptivite)2x weekly but the calium dusting Iwill be reduced bto maybe 1or2x per week once I start BSFL. Ill most likely build a new 4x2x2 tank when he gets bigger.

103382-926347720.jpg
103382-993564669.jpg
103382-6464350871.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He probably has relocation stress -- but its good hes eating and it sounds like you have all the right stuff going for him - hopefully his appetite will pick up - its normal for them not to eat greens vegies at this age - his main diet should be bugs--- you can also try dubia roaches as they are better for him and dont give parasites as crickets normally do -- I am not a fan of crickets- they stink and are hassle to care for- dubias are easy and dont stink! You can easily get them on line and carriers offer free shipping --- check out Amazon-- you can keep them in a tote or 10 gallon aquarium feed them dubia food and or squash carrots apples --- same thing your dragon will eventually start eating

Karrie

He's very handsome! FYI - I found I have to stick a pin into the BSFL in order for my juvenile beardie to properly digest them. Otherwise they get pooped out whole.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a beautiful healthy looking little guy ! You're doing a great job and you picked a real cutie, looks like he's going to have vibrant colors . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom