New to keeping beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just bought a juvenile Beardie, I’m told that he’s about 4 months old. He’s quite calm but not completely used to me yet and I’ve never had him out of his tank I’ve just been getting him used to my hand. Tonight is the 7th night I’ve had him and he’s been digging in one of his corners and glass surfing, after doing this he went and hid under his log which he’s never done before. I was just wondering should I be worried ?? He didn’t appear to have any stress marks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is normal behavior- you might want to put in a blanket like fleece or maybe some paper towels in one of the hides- they like to burrow- they like soft--- glass surfing usually means they want out- you need to hold him so he gets used to you--
Karrie

Beardeddragon77

Original Poster
This morning I turned his lights on and he hasn’t came out and normally he does by now. Could he be brumating at 4 months ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Not actually brumating -- Hiccup did same thing around 4 months -- just being lazy - keep an eye on him / her --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep putting your hand in the tank --- he will get used to it - pet him in the tank -- and hold him-- eventually he will quit running away and if hes flaring at you or hissing he will eventually quit that too- Hiccup did all of that - he bit my daughter a couple of times but not hard --- took about a month or so and he quit!

Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom