Greetings

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Greetings

Postby Lfraley » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 am

Hi everyone! My family recently received a new family member, who my son promptly named Thorny. We were told he was about 6 months old. This is our first reptile so we are all very new to this. I have soooooo many questions, like what is a good daily/weekly diet for his age, best substairght to use? How can you tell if he is getting enough water? All those kinds of things, so I am glad join a beardie community so I can make sure we can give him the best care for a long healthy and happy life.
Lfraley
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Greetings

Postby AHBD » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi there, welcome Thorny to the best b.d. forum on the internet. :) There are lots of helpful people here to give tips on all aspects of care. Pictures are always very helpful, tells a lot right away. Post some good body shots of Thorny + also of his entire tank including the lights. Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Lfraley » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:13 am

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
Lfraley
Newbie Poster

Postby Lfraley » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:15 am

The lights are from zoo med, got them at petsmart.
Lfraley
Newbie Poster

Postby AHBD » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 am

Set up looks very good and so does Thorny. :) One thing to be aware about is that dragons often try to eat fake plants, so as nice as they look they can be a hazard.

I don't see a uvb light. They need a long tube , a brand like Reptisun 10.0 t5 or Arcadia D3 12 -14 % . These are long, slim bulbs, anywhere from 18 " to 36 " to go over the top of the tank.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Lfraley » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:05 am

Good to know. We do have a coil uvb bulb, a baksing bulb and night time heat bulb. The two heat bulbs are down my hammock.😀
Lfraley
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions