im new here hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixliz

hello, i've been lurking this website for a while and now that i have a dragon to call my own i figured i might as well register
20190110_085317.jpg

this is bean, i got him 3 weeks ago. most of the time he's very mellow but occasionally he's really energetic and jumps alot
20190109_195111.jpg

here he is on my hand for size reference
20190111_082443.jpg

while im here i might as well ask: is there any way i can get him used to me? i can't really tell if he likes me or not; he never hisses or flares up but he doesnt really show affection often (sometimes he climbs up on my chest but only occasionally) i let him out of his tank often but all i really ever do is let him sit with me or let me pet him, he really likes the heat of my laptop

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a cute little guy. It sounds like he's off to a good start. If you're able to handle him without him acting defensive then he's OK with you. The little guys tend to be very curious so watch out for him darting off all of a sudden or wanting to jump from your hand. Try feeding him treats like black soldier fly larvae by hand to help build a bond. He will get more used to you as time goes on and you'll start to pick up on his mannerisms and get an idea of his mood and general thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom