Meet Rome & Food related question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakandRome

Hello everyone! My name is Mak! I just got Rome on the 26th and although he was technically a Christmas gift rest assure that I’ve been wanting one for years and it was only a slight whim that my boyfriend decided to get one (I was planning on getting one this summer anyways)! Rome is about 2 months old (definately under 3) and 5inches long.
Rome seems to be adjusting fast, and has become very comfortable with me handling him. I take him out for 5-10 minutes every few hours or so. At night I take him out for about an hour, he runs around like crazy then ultimately cuddles up in my hand and falls asleep. I’ve had some issues getting him to eat veggies so we have been doing baths for hydration (expecially as he is shedding in some areas so I want to help that as well). I wanted to see if anyone knows why he might LOVE breakfast (as in he eats like 12 crickets in one sitting) but then doesn’t seem to want any throughout the day? He isn’t eating his veggies, and I’ve just started leaving a couple crickets mid day in the tank and he seems to eat them, however he doesn’t eat more than two after breakfast! And if he doesn’t eat the ones i give him and I’ve found them still in there the next morning. (I purposely left them in with hopes he’d get hungry) Energy levels are great when he is out and about however he seems to spend Most of his intank time basking He is very reactive to movement and to noise (he turns his head like a confused dog when I talk to him and it’s very funny) I’ve added some images below of him! Please feel free to ask questions and if you know why he might have such a weird appetite please inform me because I can’t figure it out!
102569-154966484.jpg

102569-3437579707.jpg

102569-7036577593.jpg

102569-6596353012.jpg

102569-8716302793.jpg

MakandRome

Original Poster
Also side note:
The photo of him in the dish, I’ve started chopping up his food way more than that. That was the next morning after I got him and I had set him in the dish to show him the food and took a picture because he stood there, confused, for a solid five minutes before walking away? however I chop the food a lot smaller now !

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Congratulations - He’s adorable !!! Yea that food fish is a tad much for such a small guy. It’s like a little kid looking at a 25lb turkey put in front of him and thinking - wow - that’s a lot!! Make sure you chop everything up to the right size for him - he’s a baby so the correct size in all his good is so important.
At his age he really wants to eat feeders more than veggies - think growing teenage boy.the good rule of thumb to follow when they are young is 70% protein and 30% salad. So at his age - I would suggest feeding him his bugs -(I prefer Dubai roaches and calci/Phoenix worms) twice a day. Make sure you dust the feeder insects with calcium with D3 at least 5 times a week - and once or twice a week vitamins.(calci worms don’t need to be as they are naturally full of calcium). Put fresh salad in the tank with him everyday and he’ll munch on it if he wants ...
Fun thing to do ... Put him in a plastic tub with the Dubai’s (make sure you supply the correct size) and watch him go baby Godzilla ... he’ll gobble them up.
Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom