Meet Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son has been asking for a beardie for awhile, so we decided to get one for Christmas. I think I'm far more excited about it than my son is! His name is Robert - I have no idea why, but that's what happens when you let a 7 year old name something. He's about 5 months old and seems to be a pretty healthy, friendly little guy. We picked him up on Christmas eve - he seemed a bit stressed yesterday and only ate a few greens, but today he hoovered up about 10 crickets this morning and has munched his way through a bowl of dandelion greens and kale (though he seems rather terrified of squash for some reason).
Pics of Robert and his current set up below. Right now he's in an Exo-terra 36x18x18 tank - I plan to build him something larger in the summer. That's a 24inch Reptisun T5 10.0 UV bulb on the left, with a 100W halogen bulb for basking, and a regular incandescent to add a bit more heat to the right side of his tank (we'll likely swap this out for a ceramic heater so we can have some extra heat at night as I keep the house fairly cool). Currently his basking spot registers between 98 and 102, the left side of his tank between 87 and 90, and the right side between 78 and 82 (measured using a proper temp gun). He seems to prefer basking lower down on his log rather than at the top so I'm wondering if it is a bit hot for him up there. I'll be doing some adjusting of his tank and lights as we settle into this, so any feedback is appreciated!
102520-8792347069.jpg
102520-4180845013.jpg

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
Welcome Robert and his family :)
You have obviously done your research which is awesome and I’m sure Robert will thrive in that environment :)
T5s are the best uvb, your basking temps are great and his vivarium is a great size for his age also
I’m glad to here he likes his greens also. He’s still settling in hence the not eating the first day and his eating should up to a lot more than 10 over the next few days. He should be on 3 meals a day of bugs at his age and I’m sure he will settle into that amount soon enough
Just make sure they are no bigger than the space between his eyes
I use a ceramic heat emitter at night too for my boy, Marlow, as my house drops below 60s often
Is the flooring vinyl/ linoleum? I use that too and love it! So easy to cut to fit and easy to clean.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
He is quite the "Prandsom Hince"!!!

Welcome to our strange little world of Bearded Dragons and, welcome to beardie slavery "I mean ownership" LOL!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom