Hello!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey family!

I am a brand new first time dragon owner and my blood pressure is already through the roof!

This morning was our first morning together. After I let Nelson-Bernard wake up for 45-50 mins i brought out his brrakfast. Straight away he had a couple bits of greens and pepper and then he had 1 or 2 tiny locusts. Then nothing!

He then went on to glass surf and puff up a little but no black beard or stress marks and hes running round his viv.

I'll be honest, I am a bit panicky because obviously I want to be a good dragon dad but is this normal for a brand new baby?

Just as I was leaving for work he decided to do a poo so I guess that's good! Theres a couple locusts still in his viv and I've left his veggies. Gonna be the longest shift at work today!

Aaron ?

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the site. It's pretty normal for them to not eat much. It's due to relocation stress. Your little one will settle in. Hopefully pretty quickly. Any questions feel free to ask. Our beardies can drive us all crazy at times.
Welcome to beardies slavedom, ( I mean parenthood). LOL

Hello back!

Welcome! Do you have a picture of them and their setup?

If it helps, I'm a newbie too and when I got my baby home, he was acting similar to what you're describing for a few days. I think it was relocation stress, as I've seen others mention on here.

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
avasgoldfish":1j6yyita said:
Hello back!

If it helps, I'm a newbie too and when I got my baby home, he was acting similar to what you're describing for a few days. I think it was relocation stress, as I've seen others mention on here.

He has had about 10 crickets in 2 days but has had 3 poos so he seems fine. He still runs away from my hand and wont take any food from it.

Today he has been okay, currently got stress marks but he's having a full shed so I'm just hoping he is in a huff because of stress and shedding

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
avasgoldfish":2n5xdsjg said:
Hello back!

Ive no idea how to get photos on here but he has an instagram ? nelsonbernard_beardie

NelsonBernard

Original Poster
Scion19801":37yxg526 said:
You can look at this thread to see my tanks.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=246206
The melamine tank is being replaced currently. Just about done with my new 8x2x2 tank. It's going to be a double setup, as I'm waiting for my new addition to arrive. That is if I can get the current owner to ship her out already. Lol. Crazy part is my new 8 foot tank is way lighter than the 4 foot melamine tank was.

My tank is 3.75ft x 1.8ft x 1.6ft. Ive been told its too big for a baby but the store i got everything from didn't even mention that possibility. Could be because i was paying a lot or it could be that its an okay size...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom