HE’S HERE!!!!

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

HE’S HERE!!!!

Postby peachypink » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:15 am

Scheduled delivery before 12:00 and he got here at 11:56! Ugh. The wait was aweful!! But he’s here!!!! He looked so uncomfortable in the container but he was bright eyed and alert with no stress marks. He’s now chillin in his viv getting all warmed up and looking around at his new digs. He’s gorgeous!!!

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
peachypink
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: HE’S HERE!!!!

Postby Peach » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 am

Oh he's gorgeous! Congrats on the new addition.
~Peach
Peach
Hatchling Poster

Postby peachypink » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:37 pm

Thank you! I am obsessed with his white! I love it!!

He is so alert and active. In the 2 and a half hours he's been here he's explored every inch of his viv and has eaten 8 small dubia, after he warmed up of course. I'm just sitting here watching him explore his new home and trying to get some work done...not much work is getting done though. :D
peachypink
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gormagon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:03 pm

I love the color, he is quite striking!!! Awesome!!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby MarlowAndMe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:09 pm

A huge welcome to the page Falcore from Marlow :)
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 am

welcome you BEARDIE-FUL (beautiful lol) lizard :) would he be classed a albino? :) it be amazing if had blue eyes :) but anyway best of luck :)
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby peachypink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:12 am

JIMMIA wrote:welcome you BEARDIE-FUL (beautiful lol) lizard :) would he be classed a albino? :) it be amazing if had blue eyes :) but anyway best of luck :)

No, not albino. He’s a Hypo Zero leatherback. His eyes look like any other dragons eyes. I’m head over heals in love with how he looks! I had been searching for a while and always thought my next beardie would be a fire red with high color but then I started seeing the zeros over that last couple months and fell in love! So when I found him, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get him. Breeders are starting to have more of them but the go so quick! This was the only one found that wasn’t already sold. My timing was just right!
peachypink
Hatchling Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 am

peachypink wrote:
JIMMIA wrote:welcome you BEARDIE-FUL (beautiful lol) lizard :) would he be classed a albino? :) it be amazing if had blue eyes :) but anyway best of luck :)

No, not albino. He’s a Hypo Zero leatherback. His eyes look like any other dragons eyes. I’m head over heals in love with how he looks! I had been searching for a while and always thought my next beardie would be a fire red with high color but then I started seeing the zeros over that last couple months and fell in love! So when I found him, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get him. Breeders are starting to have more of them but the go so quick! This was the only one found that wasn’t already sold. My timing was just right!

thank you :) yes you're very lucky :) they're such wonderful creatures :) even though JIMMIA is my very first beardie :) this site is awesome for information :) without sounding weird but - what does hypo mean? please, how do they make different colour beardies? Does it mean his parents were white? :) sorry
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby peachypink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 am

JIMMIA wrote:
peachypink wrote:

thank you :) yes you're very lucky :) they're such wonderful creatures :) even though JIMMIA is my very first beardie :) this site is awesome for information :) without sounding weird but - what does hypo mean? please, how do they make different colour beardies? Does it mean his parents were white? :) sorry

Let me find the site I know that explains it well and I will share it with you. And I promise I will answer in depth a little later when I have time! I have to go and get ready for the day...
peachypink
Hatchling Poster

Postby peachypink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:36 am

JIMMIA wrote:
peachypink wrote:

Ok, so hypo means hypomelanistic. It basically means that they have below average color and can be pastelish. They don’t produce super dark colors.

And yes, both his parents were white. One was a Hypo Zero and one was a Hypo Trans Zero. Trans stands for translucent which means some of their scales and skin have a translucent appearance to it. Here are 2 sites that give pretty decent explainations of it. Not the one I was looking for but I’m not on my computer to find that one.

http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/types-o ... ragons.php

https://www.thesprucepets.com/bearded-d ... hs-4173672
peachypink
Hatchling Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 pm

thank you very much :) I think I understand the first link better :) so what would JIMMIA be? please because I feel her skin is a little rough still and she is grey - what would of her parents be? if not mind ask :) I am from Australia personally and I have only seen her shed her skin 3 times in 7 months :| am I doing something wrong? [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby AHBD » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

How exciting for you, I can imagine the excitement as you opened the box. :) He's a beauty, cool looking silvery grey. Good to hear that he's settling in so well !

Just a quick note about morphs, a hypomelanistic dragon can be extremely bright + colorful. What they lack is black pigmentation, so in the reptile world hypo means lacking dark pigment. As for albinos, there are no known living ones. The few that hatched + were photographed did not survive long.

As for Jimmia, she appears to be a normal/standard grey dragon but to be honest those are not all that common anymore. Jimmia is quite beautiful . :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby peachypink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 pm

AHBD wrote:How exciting for you, I can imagine the excitement as you opened the box. :) He's a beauty, cool looking silvery grey. Good to hear that he's settling in so well !

Just a quick note about morphs, a hypomelanistic dragon can be extremely bright + colorful. What they lack is black pigmentation, so in the reptile world hypo means lacking dark pigment. As for albinos, there are no known living ones. The few that hatched + were photographed did not survive long.

As for Jimmia, she appears to be a normal/standard grey dragon but to be honest those are not all that common anymore. Jimmia is quite beautiful . :)

Thank you, unboxing was quite a thrill for me. Lol.

And yes, I like your definition better. Lacking the black pigment. I’m really just learning all the terminology even though I’ve been a keeper for over 10 years. I never really took the time to understand all the different types and morphs. It’s very interesting once you start looking into all of it.

Not that you need me to agree, but I would agree about Jimma as well. Normal scaled for sure and standard grey. But like AHBD said, I haven’t seen that coloration much. She is beautiful. Even searching the breeders for my Zero, I don’t think I came across one of her color. I like it.
peachypink
Hatchling Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:22 pm

AHBD wrote:How exciting for you, I can imagine the excitement as you opened the box. :) He's a beauty, cool looking silvery grey. Good to hear that he's settling in so well !

thank you very much :) but I hardly see any dragons running wild anymore, I only usually see house geckos or garden skinks and I've seen a water dragon but they're way different :) sorry :( and when I do a local Gumtree search of beardies in my area, I see this but I dealt they're JIMMIA parents and hardly see any for sale :) so would she look like this when older? :) [Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:07 pm

I won't freak out but it be really weird if JIMMIA got this big if that's the bread she is but I'm guessing it's a wild one but it's huge 😨 [Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to Introductions