Thinking ahead ahead about a bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laylac123

Hello,

My name is Layla and I am getting a bearded dragon for Christmas .
I know a little bit about them but not that much facts on the topics.
We are getting a baby from a reputable company ( Carolina Bearded Dragons)
But I still don’t know a lot .Any info is appreciated!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Do as much research on this site as possible, a lot of great information here. Get a good tank set up with the right lighting and a digital probe thermometer to get the temperatures correct. Don’t buy a kit from the pet store, they are always trying to sell the kits with bad lights. It’s best to get everything set just right before your Christmas baby gets there.

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
As said above :) read read read and don’t buy a kit as you’ll end up with the wrong lighting and heating

Best quick advice I can give you for the set up is :

UVB : get a t5 Arcadia 12% uvb and a t5 reflector for it ( or if they have prot5 12% Arcadia kit sets where you are get that as it comes with both the reflector and the tube )
Get your temps right and set up for a good week at least before you bring him /her home as you want to make sure you have the right temps
You’ll need a basking bulb also.

NIGHT HEAT: if your temps drop below 65f at night where you are then you’ll need a ceramic heat emitter for night. These are heaters only - no light. Do not get a red night light bulb or blue night light bulb - beardies need no light at night or it disturbs their sleep which leads to other issues. If you temp does not drop below 65 at nights then you need no night heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom