Lonely bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johncrazyc4t

Hi my name is Jonathan, my bearded dragon I did a little experiment. I put a toy lizard in his cage and he began to hug it. I feal like he is lonely. I think he needs a friend, he stayed like that for a day and I wondered If I should get him a lady bearded dragon. What do you think?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
No, he is showing dominance. Dragons are solitary creatures and, are VERY territorial. If you put another dragon with him, he will either starve it to death, maim it or kill it out right. The only reason that he didn't show hostility is, it didn't respond!!
He is happy with the way things are!!!!!!!

MarlowAndMe

Juvie Member
A dragon lies on another dragon to get heat from their lamps and uvb better than the other dragon. When there are two dragons one gets the better amount of uvb and heat and lighting plus bigger amount of the food and while he/ she thrives the other begins to fail.
That’s if your lucky - it’s common for beardies who are together to lose tail parts or limbs and even death.

The best thing you can a give a lonely dragon is your time :)
Getting him out a bit more when you are home.
Dragons do not make good friends with other dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom