First timer Owner Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morwen

Hey all

I wanted to stop and say hey to all the beardie owners and lovers. We are Morwen, Vampy and Drako. We got Drako in June for my husband Vampy (real nickname) lol. This is the first time Ive owned a dragon and it is an amazing experience. I love Drako dearly. Im not the perfect dragon owner but I try and we're learning. Drako's home is a 40 gallon breeder tank with liner substrate, The basking spot is 102F. I havent seen it go over that temp since the summer. Should it be hotter in there? He has a basket with a doorway cut into it and also a small blanket in the tank because I noticed he likes to lay under the substrate. He eats crickets and a leafy green mix of kale, collards and mustards which I spray slightly with water before serving. I have tried giving him squash, blackberries, apples, pears, carrots but he refuses to eat any of that. He loves dubias, and hornworms. I use reptisafe for his water and reptical for his calcium. The 3 walls in his enclosure are covered in a paper bag like wrapping paper. He is on the bottom shelf of a 75 gallon tank stand and IMO doesnt like being down there. I would love to hear input from other beardie lovers as to improvements because recently Drako started jumping at the top of the enclosure, at his dome lights. My husband turns his lights on everyday before he leaves for work at 630am so when I get up his daytime has begun at 7-730am but this morning when I came into the livingroom he was covered in black bands all over his body and looked, just bad. I took him out, held him for a few and then gave him his greens. The bands went away when I held him but came back as soon as he went back to his basking spot. He does seem a little restless. I have pictures if I can remember how to add them lol.... Any advice and or insight?
full

Morwen

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Hmmmm can you post a picture of his tank? And do you have a picture of his freak out? My beardie gets weird at seemingly random times but only his beard gets black.

Morwen

Original Poster
At the moment, Drako is perched high up on the curtain rod over the window. That seems to be his favorite spot, he jumped on my head to climb the blanket to the top. There are no black stripes now but when its time for him to go back, if it happens again, I will take pictures. Prior to me taking him out, he was going through his whole enclosure, in what seemed to be looking for a way out.
102022-5131019424.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom