Status
Not open for further replies.
101752-9726780327.jpg
101752-4194003274.jpg
101752-5394339585.jpg
101752-9812844591.jpg
101752-9838369605.jpg
101752-6057467866.jpg

I am a first grade teacher and I got a partial grant for pets in the classroom so I got River a week ago. I haven't brought him or her to the classroom yet because he's not eating as much as I would like but hopefully he or she will adjust and start eating more. River did a shed the second day I had him or her.

River is approximately 2 months old measuring 7 in. From tip of nose to tip of tail. Very sweet dragon very beautiful Dragon I'm just not sure of the sex if anybody can help me I would appreciate it thank you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
River looks like a girl to me but it's hard to tell for sure. It looks like you're offering a good variety of veges in her salads. What do you have in place for lighting? Are you offering her a good variety of bugs? She may not be as hungry around shed time. Her appetite will vary over time and that's normal.

ElementalSandi

Original Poster
CooperDragon":17cbfa8h said:
River looks like a girl to me but it's hard to tell for sure. It looks like you're offering a good variety of veges in her salads. What do you have in place for lighting? Are you offering her a good variety of bugs? She may not be as hungry around shed time. Her appetite will vary over time and that's normal.
I have given her crickets and dubia roaches and mistakenly mealworms because they were sold to me so I gave those to her but realize now they're not good for babies and some wax worms. She had wax worms for the first time yesterday and ate 4 of them but I know they should only be once a week. She eats an occasional roach and a few maybe three to five crickets in a feeding. She hasn't really eaten much on the veggies. I have her finely chopped collard greens, sweet potatoes, bell peppers and red raspberries in her dish now but I don't think she's touched any of it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not unusual for them to ignore veges in favor of bugs. They need the protein to support growth spurts. It's good to keep offering veges though so it's familiar as a food source. At around 12-18 months as their growth slows they should start to move to a more vegetarian diet and having salads around helps make that transition easier in a lot of cases. The leftovers can go to the roaches and crickets in the meantime. You may want to try black soldier fly larvae in place of wax worms or meal worms. They are a fairly healthy option and are small/soft so easy for little ones to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom