Meet Dubu (Tofu)! New beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jongupeu

Hi all!

I'm a new bearded dragon owner of a 5-6 month old juvenile. His name is Dubu (means Tofu in Korean) and he's around 15.5-16in at the moment and still growing really fast! I've had him since he was a baby, and it's been a little over 3 months since I've been a mom. I've been lurking on this site for so long now, and I'm excited to finally ask questions and respond to people!

Here's my boy:

Here's when I first got him:
101701-6354473666.jpg

Here's him recently:
101701-5670066122.jpg
101701-8979122159.jpg
101701-4365448682.jpg
101701-9076751610.jpg

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
I love the harness! Where did you find it? He looks like he is ready for a hike. And he is adorable.

jongupeu

Original Poster
OhMyNord":1mk1fpet said:
Ahhh what a cutie! How's he getting on?!

He's doing pretty well! He's been growing almost an inch a week for a month or so now, so I'm assuming he's in a huge growth spurt.

I'm always worried he's too skinny but he has a bit of a gut now hahah

jongupeu

Original Poster
Lorilyn":1f79zq9y said:
I love the harness! Where did you find it? He looks like he is ready for a hike. And he is adorable.

I got the harness from here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/trainyourdragonco

I originally found the site through instagram, and I was wondering what design I wanted. Once I saw the backpack, I was sold immediately! Although Dubu himself is not accustomed to it yet :p :p

OhMyNord

They go through plenty of stages of being chubby and skinny :) They even out as they reach adulthood! Glad he's doing well. Cato seems to have really perked up today which is a nice surprise! Sonny has eaten a hell of a lot lately, I'm waiting for his growth spurt as his gut is ridiculous :lol:

jongupeu

Original Poster
OhMyNord":2m493qpr said:
They go through plenty of stages of being chubby and skinny :) They even out as they reach adulthood! Glad he's doing well. Cato seems to have really perked up today which is a nice surprise! Sonny has eaten a hell of a lot lately, I'm waiting for his growth spurt as his gut is ridiculous :lol:

AWWW, that's so great! Dubu's kind of funny because I see his belly is getting pudgy, but he seems kind of slim on the sides and I can't tell if he's overweight or underweight ? I want to track his weight but I can't seem to find a kitchen scale at walmart?

OhMyNord

Honestly, juveniles are so funny, you just can't tell :lol: I'm sure he's nice and healthy though, you can find a weight guide online. Try amazon for a scale, I'm sure they have one on there! I weighed Cato the other day, he's 625g :shock: Fat boy :lol: Sonny is 54 grams, little porker just like his brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom