Meet 'Chip' our German Giant - colouring advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbieBumble

My partner and I decided to take the plunge and finally get a beardie, after experiencing our friends' for so long! We went to the same privately owned pet store that our friends have gotten theirs from and came back with 'Chip' who the store sold to us as a German Giant who is currently 15 weeks old and coming to the end of a shed (dot left on the top of his head). Stupidly I didn't ask enough questions, and no matter the amount I read up I'm struggling to pin point what morph/colour we've ended up with! I was wondering if anybody had any idea despite it being hard to tell without seeing the parents :-(

There's definitely some orange and after this shed its now going through the dark pigmentation on the tail, with some red at times on the face and sides - lots of orange and brown!

101577-9851215682.jpg
101577-1428357205.jpg
101577-9029197152.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Chip is a great looking dragon, alert healthy + good proportions. :) He may be a red phase, they would tend to have anywhere from reddish brown to red on at least part of the body. The claims that he's a G.Giant may be just from his parent dragons being very large , generally around 22-24" long but people will argue that there are no " true " G.G's anywhere. While no one can probably say for sure either way, many of today's very large dragons have descended from those lines.

Where did the store get Chip since they don't have the parent dragons ? At any rate, he's good + healthy looking + I hope he becomes a happy part of your family . :)

AbbieBumble

Original Poster
I think the shop has their own breeders/suppliers. I'm sure if I had asked the right questions they'd have been able to give me more information! At less than 4 months old Chip is already 13.5 inches so I am expecting him to be big even if he isn't an actual 'German Giant'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom