New owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
So I got my first beardie. She a big momma. 2 yrs old and 16 inches overall.
101451-2642684803.jpg
. She is a normal, camera didn't pick up he coloring very well.

This is one I'm thinking of rescuing. He is almost 2 yrs old as well and has a killer pattern. Kinda reminds me of a Lawson beardie. I'm told he is quite aggressive, and needs to be tamed down. Any suggestions on how to go about it?
101451-1213712120.jpg
. I have just a bit more work to do on side panels and platforms in a huge 4x2x2 melamine terrarium i built. I will post pics once that's done.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Rescues can take quite a bit of work, especially if they haven't been treated well. It will require space, a lot of patience, and very good setup/care. It's well worth it in my opinion, but be prepared with a high quality setup and realization that it may take quite a long time for him to adjust. Even then he may (or may not!) have an independent personality that will need to be accepted for how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom