Newcomer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I figured I'd introduce myself :) I'm Parallax's human. Parallax is a 1 year old leatherback who I've raised since he was only a month or so old. He loves watching me play video games, sitting on my bed and sleeping on the heating pad (on low) with a little washcloth or blankie over him!

I've used the forums for information many times in the past, so I figured it was time I make an account and start participating. It's nice to meet you all!

101512-9043115065.jpg
101512-6068060510.jpg
101512-800358528.jpg
(My mom took those last 2 photos.)

DragonDebonaire

Original Poster
Oh. I forgot to add his little backstory.

When I went to the pet store to purchase a bearded dragon, the woman working there told me about how one of the Fancy bearded dragons were severely stressed and not eating well due to a dominant bearded dragon bullying him. He was always sleeping in the back corner of the enclosure behind an object to hide himself and seemed very lethargic. She took him out and placed him on my hand, and the poor little fella didn't even move. He just rested there the entire time.

When my mom asked me if he was the bearded dragon I wanted, she warned me he may not live long. Nonetheless, I quickly agreed to get him; I would do everything in my power to help the poor guy live. My mom was uncertain, but allowed me to get him anyway (he was my birthday gift from my mother), and he managed to power through. I slowly but eventually got him to eat, drink, run and socialize over time. Now Parallax is the happiest goofball beardie on the planet, and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear he is thriving under your care. Please let us know if you have any questions or would like setup/care advice. I look forward to hearing more about Parallax's adventures =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom