MAGNEATO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magneato12

Hey guys! I'm new to the dragon community and this website. Finally I have figured how to navigate and am ready to show magneato aka neeto to the world! I saved him from the horrible cramped tank he was in with 2 other dragons bigger than him and the vendor who was just terrible. Something just pulled me to this guy like a magnet(HA). Supposedly he was around 8-9 months when I got him in March, so maybe that would make him around 14 months ish? Maybe I can get some help on his age from you guys, i still really dont know. He loves climbing and running around like a tuff guy. Also loves his dried blueberries, mixture of mustard, collard, dandelion greens, and crickets. Tank is about 50 gallons 125w heat bulb and a t8 5.0. The uvb is getting changed very soon, so dont worry I know I need a 10. Also this pic is kinda old the stick on temp is useless I know haha. But thanks to everyone on this website, it has helped me so much with getting him comfortable and happy.

full

full

full

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the forum! Glad you are enjoying your beardie. Sounds like your doing everything right. Just make sure you upgrade that uvb and make sure you’re using proper supplements!

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi there,

Love your beardie's name!

I'm not cat averse (have owned several), but not at the same time as a beardie. I know that some posters have cats that get along with their dragons just fine, but I've also seen enough posts about tragedy that I thought I'd put in a cautionary word. Beardies are "prey sized" and a cat may kill them even if it is well fed and otherwise docile. They practice stalking and killing as part of their nature, and all it takes is one time to lose your new little friend. Cat saliva is also very pathenogenic and even non-fatal attacks can later turn lethal (I have seen it with a baby squirrel). I'd urge you to keep the two apart and to fortify your beardie's viv. Cats are clever and strong (just try catching one that doesn't want to be caught!), and they will get through a weakly secured viv.

Again, I'm not ragging on cats- they do what comes natural to them, but unfortunately that may end in sorrow if one of your friends kills the other. I don't want to be a downer here--it's great to hear you have a new friend. I'm just trying to save you heartache down the road and look out for your dragon buddy.

This is an article about cat predation in Australia as illustration of the potential dangers here.

http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Millions-Of-Australian-Reptiles-Killed-By-Feral-Cats-Each-Year-Study-Says/

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
It should be totally ok to keep a cat and a beardie in the same house. I have been doing it for 1.5 years with no problem. Just make sure to supervise them VERY CLOSELY or don’t put them together at all.

Magneato12

Original Poster
Thank you both of you for your concern in regards to buster(cat) and neeto. When I do which is rare, i am right there supervising them. Hes actually my girlfriends cat, he doesn't live with neeto, but get they seemed to get along. I dont usually bring him over but when I do it's short. Ii dont like him being to far from home for a long time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom