Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pborder1

Hi, I don't have a bearded yet but plan to get one probably next year. Right now I am doing research so that when I get one I can be the most prepared as possible for my little friend. I hope that this site and forum will be a trove of valuable information. I've already learned a lot from reading the care guides and browsing through the forum. I look forward to learning more from all of you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear you are doing research ahead of time. That will make a big difference. Please let us know if you have specific questions and we'll be happy to help out as much as you can. Generally speaking I advise investing in a large enclosure and high quality UVB lighting from the start. It also helps to get a roach colony started ahead of time if you plan to use roaches as a staple feeder. The colony can take several months to get established. It is also helpful to find an experienced reptile vet nearby ahead of time and to set aside an emergency fund for vet care so you don't need to stress out as much over a vet visit if it's needed.

Pborder1

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I will not be using Roaches because I just can't. I'm ok with crickets or any type of worm or larva but not roaches. Right now I am looking at enclosures. I found a place in Texas ( I think) that has built in lights and a locking front sliding door. I am looking more into that. As time goes on I will be accruing the best equipment that I can. I figure it will be easier to get stuff one item at a time instead of trying to scrape up money for everything at once. While I look forward to getting my dragon I know that in the long run it will pay off taking my time setting him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom