saved from a bad home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobSue1995

I recently rescued 2 bearded dragons from a less that great home. They are about 4 years old and have been together for the whole time. The previous owners said that are male and female. He said that she has a multiple clutches and once she lays her eggs they just take they out of the habitat. They had came together in a 55 gallon aquarium. They had playground and in there habitat and they were feeding them lettuce. They also had no UVB bulb The first thing we did is get rid of the sand and start giving them the right kind of greens and also get them a UVB bulb. My question is can I or should separate them with out over stressing them. They seem very happy together. They are very docile they love to sit on my chest or lap and get all sorts of attention.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor dragons, I'm glad you are able to give them a good home. I would give them each their own space. It's good that they seem to get along well but having their own food sources, their own basking areas, etc will be beneficial. It's important that they get high quality UVB. I suggest giving each of them a good T5 UVB light along with a proper temperature gradient. That will help them digest and process needed nutrients and help them bounce back. It's good that you replaced the sand and are offering them a more nutritious diet. The more variety of veges you can offer them the better.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
People have mixed ideas about keeping them together but seperating them is probably a good idea. If you do keep them together do what Cooper suggested and get separate basking areas and make sure they are both getting enough of everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom