Finally adopted a new dragon .x-ray photos included!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
So it’s been almost 8 years since I’ve had a dragon in the house. My last dragon died of what her vet assumed was old age.

Last week I walked into my local petco to pick up some food for the goldfish pond out back, and I saw a sign that said “Thibk adoption first, we have the following animals up for adoption.” And on that list was a “male” bearded dragon.

Now for the last few months I’ve been considering it, but we have a house full of animals, so I knew I had to sit down and really think about it. I already had a 75 gallon, lights, a thriving Dubai roach collny, and money to spend on vet bills (helps I work at a vets office who sees exotics).

So I went home and my roommates and I went to go see her then go to dinner to discuss it. We found out she was an owner surrender with no history, and they where told she was a He. After a long talk, I ended up driving back to the petco and singing the adoption papers.

I had forgotten how much fun having a dragon in the house could be.

I took her in to see her vet and get some X-rays done to make sure that her bones are good and that the damage to her tail wasn’t something that needed tending to. Her X-rays came back perfect and her tails most likely and old break that never healed correctly. Next step is to get a fresh stool sample into work to screen for parasites. Once’s shes cleared and her quarantine period is up, she’s going to get a lot more fun stuff for her cage.

44170-6638750615.jpg
44170-8468274283.jpg
44170-2942578485.jpg
44170-1769949291.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you are able to give her a good home with easy access to a vet! She looks pretty good compared to a lot of rescues so I think she'll thrive under your care. I look forward to hearing more about her adventures =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom