New owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoKGuiLo

So I purchased a juvenile beard dragon from a pet store ( I’m not sure how old she/he is ) so I had this cuteness for about week now and I’m not sure when it a good time to feed it (I only been giving it Mealworms. I just throw them in a bowl with the powder) and I have no idea if it trust me. It allows me to handle it and pet it. I been trying so hard to get it to eat the green. It won’t even look at it. Any tips please.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
check out Newbies guide what to buy left side of screen under articles-- also the bearded dragon care sheet-- it will give you ideas of what to feed how much -- etc -- they should be fed everyday along w/ the bugs being calcium powder -- lighting is a must so they can digest their food and prevent bone disease! Also vitamins need to be given as well -- my Hiccup is 7 months old he is getting calcium powder 5 times / week w/ vitamins 2 times / week - he is given greens - mustard-- collard and I have introduced him to rasp this last week of which he likes - I give him as many dubia roaches as he will eat in 15 min - 3 butter worms /day - 1 horn worm /a day - nutri grubs 5-6 they are tiny - and 3 super worms - no meal worms as they are for older dragons- he is on a tile substrate that my husband cut to the size of his tank - it is great for clean up - vinegar and water mixture- I do not feed him crickets only when I haft to -- my roaches and other bugs are ordered off Dubiaroach.com - I was told by my reptile vet to stay away from the crickets as it can give them worms- so from then on I went to roaches strictly- and they are so much easier to keep than the crickets-- hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom