ReptiSun 10.0 Compact UVB Fluorescent Bulb
and Repti Basking Spot Lamp 100w
Zilla desert fixture 15 watt uvb

https://pasteboard.co/HASW4xF.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/HASWNtB.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Are you new to owning a beardie? If so, you are in the right place for helpful advise and all things beardie. They are amazing! Such wonderful companions...
I urge you to read as much of the care sheets and info on this site as you have time for. So much to learn, but well worth it. They are not the easy care, beginners reptile as the pet stores say they are--need much special care, like the very important UVB light, heat and environmental parameters, nutrition, etc., but once you have all that down, it is not so difficult. They give so much love and affection in return! Yes, they are affectionate--and intelligent, loving, expressive...I did not know that any reptile could be like that, until I became an (accidental) beardie mom. DeziLu is almost four, now, and he has become my cherished, constant companion. They love to snuggle and give and receive hugs and kisses and petting. Babies will be more nervous and focused on food, but as adults, they settle down and become sweet snuggle bugs, wanting always to be on or near their human. You will learn her language, and be amazed at how much they communicate to us using eyes, body language, color, posture, even smiling and frowning. Of course, the babies are more difficult to see their tiny little facial expressions, but as they get bigger, it is easy. And boy, do they make their wants and needs known, ha, ha! Some of us here refer to ourselves as very happy and willing slaves of our demanding but adorable beardie masters. ;)

Here are my two--my first beardie, DeziLu is nearly four years old, over two feet long, and just a gentle sweet natured big boy. My second was a recent rescue, she is young and so she is still more nervous and flighty. Miss Penny was quite traumatized when we rescued her, so she is still learning about trust and is easily frightened, but she is growing up to be a beautiful, loving and sweet natured adult.

How did you become a beardie owner? Have you always had an interest in them? I knew nothing of them when we bought the baby from a pet shop for our nephew, and we found out that the info they gave us was very insufficient, and flat out wrong in some ways. Thank goodness, for this site! I doubt our poor baby would have survived a year, without the help we received here!

Dezi says welcome to the forum. He advises Lilly to train her human well...
82765-9615518124.jpg

Penny says hello, Miss Lilly! Lets grow up to be divas!
82765-5475630392.jpg

The first photo you posted did not come through for me, so I do not see Miss Lilly...perhaps you could try again? I would love to see photos of her, and all of her set up! The other photos came through ok, but it would be good to see a picture of the entire set up, to get a better idea of it, like basking site, hide,heat and light variations, type of thermometer, etc...when I started out, I was constantly making little adjustments as I learned more about my babys needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom