New owner of 2 dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I just got 2 bearded dragons this month. They are my first ones so although I have done lots of research, I do have a bunch of questions coming up. But for now a little bit about my beardies. <3

This is Hutchi. I got him from the local lizard rescue 3 weeks ago. He is 4-5 years old and small in size at 17" 385gr. I was craving for a baby but how could I not adopt that gorgeous yellow boy? He is very sweet, friendly seems healthy and eat well. I couldn't be any happier with him. :)
101028-2355853254.jpg

And well the craving for a little one didnt fade so...

This is Heidi. I was a little worried about buying a 10 weeks old baby online and have her shipped but it went well. She seems to have settle in pretty much right away. She ate tones of crickets from day one and hasn't stop since. :lol:
101028-5027082996.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Both of your dragons look great. Thank you for giving a good home to both of them, especially the rescue. Hutchi looks nice and healthy so I think they took good care of him. Please let us know if you have any questions about their care.

DragonFrenchy

Original Poster
Thanks for your warm welcoming CooperDragon. I saw you found my first question too. lol Awesome. :D

I wish more people would think about rescuing instead of going to the main pet stores.

PaulaO

DragonFrenchy":ms4gu0jx said:
Thanks for your warm welcoming CooperDragon. I saw you found my first question too. lol Awesome. :D

I wish more people would think about rescuing instead of going to the main pet stores.

I would love to rescue an adult and skip over the eating frenzy of a baby. But I can't find any local and most rescues don't ship. I'm still looking!

DragonFrenchy

Original Poster
PaulaO":1axzhajr said:
I would love to rescue an adult and skip over the eating frenzy of a baby. But I can't find any local and most rescues don't ship. I'm still looking!

Good for you that's great! Oh ya my tiny 25 gram baby eat like a machine! :lol: 115 small crickets yesterday vs a salad only day for my adult rescue. lol.

I got lucky Hutchi is a friendly love bug. He was a little nervous first but still easy going. He scratch the glass to come out for attention or to poop what is great! He also seems ok with my dogs he doesn't react to them. The baby, although real cute, is way more work and cost more in feeding for sure!

Sadly a lot of rescue that shipped are questionable anyway. You can look on petfinder.com but you might end up with an overbreed animal straight from a "reptile mills" if you can go verified in person. Also on Kijiji there is often people looking to rehomed their adult dragon.

Best of luck in your research don't give up. I am sure the wait will be rewarding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom