Hello :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezzzikuh

Hi! I've only posted a couple of other times before, about a bearded dragon of my friend's that I was going to adopt, but he sadly passed away.

I just got a baby a week ago, he's adorable and I love him already. I feel like an overly protective, stressed mother because I worry about every little thing he (or she) does, because he isn't really eating and he doesn't move around much. But he's been here for only a week and I just noticed that he's shedding.

But anyway! He's little, his name (right now) is Remus, but if we find out he is actually a she, the name will be Tonks. The first image is the very first day we got him.

100256-3933393662.jpg

100256-4641034054.jpg
100256-7940672426.jpg

I think he looks a lot healthier than he did in the first photo!

I agree, his first photo home looks a little skinny. The other may have been beating him to the food. The second pic he looks a bit more round. He’s adorable!

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hello!
Dezismom, here...welcome again to our great forum. You will find tons of good information, and many great people here who love all beardies, and are very helpful to new owners. There are no dumb questions, just ask, and we will do our best to help out.

Your new baby Remus is so adorable!! He looks very healthy and alert; bright eyes, nice body shape and size....yay! I know you had a hard time with the poor dear you tried to rescue, but you will not regret being a Beardie owner. They are somewhat skittish and very focused on FOOD and more food, as babies. But at around six months old, they start to become the most sweet, relaxed and fabulous companions you can imagine. Spend as much time handling him as he will tolerate--which may be in short doses, due to their short attention spans at this age. Also, because he is so small, he loses body heat quickly and that limits handling sessions. Right now, attention to nis nutritional needs, heat, and UVB is top priority, along with forming that crucial bond that will last many years. Beardies are fabulous!

Oh, and we love photos...watching the little ones as they grow is so much fun...

DeziLu says, welcome little Remus!!
82765-9615518124.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom