Meet Nixie and Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am new to this. Not sure how to add pictures. We have 2 beardies.
Nixie: we think she is about 2 or 3. We've had her for a year (given to us by a family relocating. ) She has been in good health overall.
Spike: we got him last week. Rescued from neglectful/uneducated home. Pretty sure he has mbd. (Walks on front ankles with feet turned under.) Working to get him healthy again.
My daughter made a film/documentary for her class when we first got Nixie. It was a great way to learn all about these beautiful dragons! Now we are in love ♡

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Nixie looks quite healthy and happy. I'm glad you were able to give Spike a good home too. It does sound like MBD so you may want to offer liquid calcium and provide him with a high output UVB light (T5 tube about 12'' above his main basking spot) and time outside in natural sunlight when you can. Please let us know if you have questions about his care and we'll do what we can to help.

beardielady78

Original Poster
Thanks. I tried putting liquid calcium on his food, but he wont eat it :( Any suggestions on how to get it in him? I have a reptisun T5 10 right above him.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe drip it on his nose and see if his reflex to lick at it will kick in (start with water then switch to the calcium if he starts licking at the water).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom