Hello! I’m new and would like some advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarsNoir

Hey everyone! I’m new to this forum and new to being a bearded dragon owner. We haven’t picked a name out yet, and he is a rehomed bearded dragon. He’s around 5-8 months old. We feed him (or her, we aren’t sure) crickets, superworms and salad (we are still trying to figure out vegetables he likes, he does not like his vegetables). My two brothers and I mainly take care of him but our parents help a lot too. We’ve been doing lots of research and wanted advice from other bearded dragon owners. There are a few pictures of our tank right now and if anyone had any advice on how to make it better, it would be greatly appreciated. We just ordered a background for him so it hasn’t came in yet. We especially wanted help on good lights to use for him. The two lights on the left are standard household UVB lights and the right one is his basking light. If there’s a certain light that we should be using, please let me know! Thanks!
100675-9268126753.jpg
100675-3475472736.jpg
100675-4587327461.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you are able to give him a good home. Your tank looks nice. What are the UVB lights you have now? With a tank that size it's probably worth investing in a nice T5 UVB tube like this http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

Keep trying with the veges but at his age he still needs bugs every day. He may show more interest in salads as he gets older and reaches full size. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html Here is a list of some stuff to offer and try out. Try cutting squash into small worm shapes and see if he goes for that.

76248-9983280538.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom