Surprise beardie-shower for my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

BantamEarth

Hello everyone!
I'm here to better understand the animal my wife has been absolutely crazy about. We have a number of other reptiles but no dragon, yet.. I build custom enclosures as a hobby so the promise has been once I can better understand the care taking of this particular animal, we can get one..

Little does she know I've been designing a dessert themed enclosure right under her nose and I'm here to gather more knowledge about these little guys while I prepare the surprise "beardie-shower"!! :lol: :lol:

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I'll bet your wife will be very happy. If you have any questions or need links for things (if you are in the US) please ask.

BantamEarth

Original Poster
kyleena29":2jqaz4qd said:
I'll bet your wife will be very happy. If you have any questions or need links for things (if you are in the US) please ask.
You have no idea.. I'll earn an infinity stone for this one I'm sure!! And thank you so much, I greatly appreciate it! I am here in florida so any help is appreciated.

At the moment I'm trying to understand the different types of bearded dragons there are and which would be best for her..

Shes a very touchy feely type of pet owner so our turtles and chameleons really dont do justice for her the way our yorky does. I think she likes the dragons more than anything because the fact she can interact and carry around them a lot more than most other reptiles.

Any suggestions with a particular type of dragon that would cater to her affection and packs lots of personality?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I think they are all the same as far as breed. The central bearded dragons are the common ones. There are the Rankin dragons that are like a smaller version. I would probably stick with the centrals, they can get bigger and are easy to find. There are leatherbacks which have less scales and a more smoother skin that she might appreciate. Again it is still a central it's just the skin is less coarse.

BantamEarth

Original Poster
kyleena29":35679smi said:
I think they are all the same as far as breed. The central bearded dragons are the common ones. There are the Rankin dragons that are like a smaller version. I would probably stick with the centrals, they can get bigger and are easy to find. There are leatherbacks which have less scales and a more smoother skin that she might appreciate. Again it is still a central it's just the skin is less coarse.

Thank you for this insightful feedback! I'm going to start doing some research about these and see what she thinks (subliminally).. the Rankin being smaller actually has my interest more.. how big do they typically get? And how long do they take to grow?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I don't really know much about them, maybe someone else here can step in. I'm sure research will turn up some good info as well. You can search posts on here as well I'm sure there's something here.

BantamEarth

Original Poster
kyleena29":36c8v6ba said:
I don't really know much about them, maybe someone else here can step in. I'm sure research will turn up some good info as well. You can search posts on here as well I'm sure there's something here.

I can't think of a better way to spend this rainy Sunday afternoon!! Thank you for your helpful insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom