Introduction--Lee Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelPatt

Hey everyone!! I have been checking the website out for a few days, so I figured it made sense to introduce myself/my beardie.

So my son, went to a petting zoo at camp....and then tried to break the poor beardie out. He thought it was like, a place for you to test out pets. lol. So we got a beardie from Petsmart later that night. This animal was aggressive towards my son and myself...I like to think that my son is generally very gentle...but I know I was gentle.

We returned him, and went to Fresh Water Aquatics NY--who was awesome by the way--and got a new boy. And what a difference.

It's has been stressful...both for him and the family...learning about reptiles (our first) and him in particular...as well as having my son learn to care for him has been quite an adventure. But I think that we finally started to get it together--instead of crickets we feed him dubias (what a great idea), ceramic heat emitter for the evenings...etc. But much of that we found here and from the breeder because no one at any pet place is any help.

Anywho...looking forward to getting to know everyone! Please let me know if you see something that I should/shouldn't be doing.

Thanks!

Melissa

100502-9189998554_small.jpg

100502-3800449949_small.jpg

100502-7992273089_small.jpg

100502-2307704524_small.jpg

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
What a cutie. My girl loves the Dubia, BSFL are really great for them also ( mine won’t eat them). The experts here are great and can help more with any issues or questions, I’m still new and learning myself. Have fun and I look forward to reading about all your adventures and transformation to becoming a Beardie slave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom