Snowflake and Squishy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilmoma

100311-2701108814.jpg
100311-1417753860.jpg
My son just got 2 beardies for his birthday. The pet store told us to leave the UVB lamp on 24/7, I've got some conflicting information about this from my research, and advice on this is appreciated.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. They are cute. Let stores rarely give correct information. Definitely get rid of that red light. If they told you that is a uvb light that is very wrong. You want a bright white basking light and a good uvb. The reptisun 10.0 long tube t5. Also you want 2 enclosures. Beardies should never be housed together. Also no heat source at night or light it disturbs their sleep.

Lilmoma

Original Poster
We have the basking light and will be getting the better UVB lamp. Also we are going to be building them new enclosures, this was just a get them home and have somewhere they can go. I will get rid of the red light. I'm guessing the no light at night means the UVB should not be on 24/7. Thank you for the help

Lilmoma

Original Poster
We only have 1 thermometer at the moment. The kind that sticks to the tank. The temp in there basking area reads between 100-110. They were bought as a present from his aunt, so I'm working on research and getting everything they need. My sons 5 so they are really mine to care for & his to pet and love on (supervised)lol

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Yeah those stick on thermometer are very inaccurate. A temp gun or a digital with a wire probe. Glad you are doing research. Once you get everything you need to make a good home they will thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom