New to bearded dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone: quick question for everyone Moes a baby bearded dragon, I have been offering him crickets but he’s just not interested in them it seems. He will eat his salad that has some dried crickets and small dried mealworms in it however. He has pooped in his water dish lol after laying in it. He is otherwise active alert and quite content with things. Is it normal for him to do this?

Apolla

How long have you had him? It could be relocation stress (when I first got Boga she wouldn't eat if she wasn't near her hammock but as she got used to her new home and me, she ate anywhere.)

What's your set up/temp and humidity readings?

I wouldn't feed him the dried stuff if you don't have to. You might try offering some other bugs, dubia roaches or black soldier fly larva (Phoenix Worms/nutrigrubs/they have many names) or other feeders. Mealworms should be given as treats, they're not very nutritious.

Elaine1215

Original Poster
He is eating everything else just fine just fine just doesn’t seem to be to interested in the crickets he tracks them and watches them. His basking temp is 97 and humidity is at 20 percent. With the dry food I add water to it and other fresh veggies to it as well.

Apolla

Maybe he just doesn't like crickets? I'd try other feeders and give it time but maybe a vet visit or a fecal test might help? Your other thread said you got him from Petco, has he seen a vet or had a test done?

Another thought: When do you offer crickets? If he fills up on salad and dried bugs, he might not be hungry when you offer the crickets.

Elaine1215

Original Poster
He has a appointment with vet on Thursday, I give to him the crickets in the morning when I give him the salad. He’s very small so I don’t want to give him anything to big

Elaine1215

Original Poster
Other than the non interest in crickets he’s fine he’s alert, active and he’s drinking water and he’s pooped which looks totally fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom