meet Spyro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got him or her on Friday but Spyro is not eating. I contacted the breeder I got Spyro from and she said its normal. I am misting him or her and he or she drinks the water. Today Spyro is a lot more active so I am happy about that. Pictures to soon fallow

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Spyro looks pretty healthy and alert in the photo which is a good sign. It may take a while to settle in but that really varies from dragon to dragon. Keep making food available - a couple of bug meals per day (just offer a few at a time and repeat as needed until he loses interest. you don't want to leave bugs in the tank after meal time).

deniselovestochat

Original Poster
I have been putting 5 phoenix worms in a bowl and 5 dusted crickets in every day and I take them out at night the crickets not the worms. I also make a salad of dandelion greens carrots and a bit of fruit every day. I have calcium with d3 and multi vitamins too that I dust with. I also have kale and collard greens that I switch out but Spyro does not eat greens. I think the crickets I have right now are to big so I am going to get 1/8 of a inch crickets right now I have 1/2 inch crickets.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That all sounds good. Don't worry if he doesn't eat much salad at this age. They tend to favor bugs to get the protein they need to support big growth spurts. That should start to change as he approaches full size at around 12-18 months. Leaving the phoenix worms is fine - they won't cause any harm. It's good that you are removing the crickets though. They can hide and then come out and bite him while he's asleep. Best to feed those in small batches as described. Hopefully he'll start digging into the bugs soon!

deniselovestochat

Original Poster
Spyro is doing much better and is eating. He or she is growing too I moved from 1/4 inch crickets to 1/2 inch crickets. He is now 5 and a half inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom