Meet Lyrica

Status
Not open for further replies.

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
After about four years of research and about a year and a half of preparations, I've finally got my bearded dragon! :D She arrived this morning at around 7:40 AM. The website listed her as a "probable female" but it's still a bit early to be %100 sure so until then I'm going to refer to her as a she.

I've named her Lyrica.

90684-3883992708.jpg

This is my first time holding a bearded dragon.

Forgive the poor camera quality. All I have is my phone.

90684-5463525383.jpg

This is what she's been doing most of the time since she got here. There is a bowl of dubia roaches and greens right there. I fed her a few roaches and veggies by hand, which she took from me(SO CUTE!) and she has darted to the bowl to eat a few times but most of the time she just likes to sit on her log and watch me. I gave her some water too. My guess is she's a little stressed from the travel but she's alert and moving around. Either way, I'm very happy. :)

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, here's a better picture of her.

90684-29249997.jpg

She ate a bit more today. Of the twenty or so roaches I gave her yesterday she only ate about a third of them the entire day. Today she ate about two-thirds that amount so far, with some of them being a good size. Her poop looks normal, she's alert and moving around. Lyrica still spends most of her time in her basking spot. She's cocking her head at me now as I type this.

Lyrica's still a tad skittish, which is normal. It's not like a "OMG I gotta run from the monster" skittish, it's more like "I gotta get out of the way of the big boss lady" skittish. I'm still just letting her get used to her new surroundings, being only her second day and all, so I'm avoiding handling her too much. But she has accepted food from my hand, I got a video of her eating some collard greens and a roach from my hand this morning. So far, so good.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that all sounds good. She sounds curious which is a good sign and will probably relax a bit after a few weeks and want to start roaming around. Keep in mind that you are a lot bigger than she is so understandably intimidating until you form a bond and she understands you aren't a danger.

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh, I'm aware of that. She's just being a typical baby in a new home. She's still very young and will flinch away from my hand sometimes but she'll accept food from my hand. While she still doesn't have as big of an appetite yet, she hasn't gone a day without eating and she eats a little more each day. I haven't seen her hide in either of her hiding places, not even when she sleeps. I'm going to have to give her a bath soon because she is in shed.

The only thing that really concerns me is sometimes she will jump towards the doors of her terrarium and there is a lip there that she hangs onto. I have to reach in and get her off. I don't hold her for more than a second or two but I'm trying not to handle her too much until she settles into her new home. Though she isn't showing signs of major stress.

pechadm88

She’s so little!! Sometimes I wish they stayed that little! I’ve had mine for a little over a month and he already looks so big to me! Hard to believe they can reach two feet! They are so much fun and you are going to have a blast with her! So much personality in such a little body! Enjoy your new little companion!

RarestDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
pechadm88":1j2pehtt said:
She’s so little!! Sometimes I wish they stayed that little! I’ve had mine for a little over a month and he already looks so big to me! Hard to believe they can reach two feet! They are so much fun and you are going to have a blast with her! So much personality in such a little body! Enjoy your new little companion!

Oh she's so adorable. You should see how she likes to watch me. Around late afternoon she likes to run around her tank a little and if I hide behind one of papers that I taped to the side of the terrarium she'll hop back up to her basking spot and look at me as if to say "Oh, there you are."

She also gets a little shocked when I change clothes, especially if I bring my arms out from underneath my shirt. That always startles her and she flinches but she just keeps staring at me.

My computer is right next to her terrarium and she likes to watch me, especially when I type. You should see the look she's giving me right now.

Probably the cutest thing she's done is what she did earlier with the drop of water. I offer her water with a syringe. Most of the time she doesn't take it but today I balanced a tiny bead of water right on the very tip of her nose. She crossed her eyes and lapped it up with her tongue. I wish I could have filmed it. It was so adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom