New to bearded dragons need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bexiebb

Hi my name is Becky I have rescued 2 bearded dragons gizmo and little lizard we called them I don’t know how old they are I’m guessing they are adult as they are at least the length of a female arm. I’ve had them since mother’s day in March they have come on loads and are very friendly ect. I have been advised by two pet shops that I should not feed them mealworms that should give them locusts. They are not interested in them same with the veg I have tried many different types of veg and jelly pots they are just not interested. Only mealworms please help. I’ve rehoused them in a made tank for them 4ft high by 4ft wide and 2ft depth I have put in two layers in they love running around in it ect. Any general guidance and help and advice would be greatly appreciate thank you in advance Becky gizmo and little lizard xx

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post some photos of them? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them using the XIMG button when you reply.

As far as food goes, it can take a while to get them onto a healthy routine, especially if they aren't used to a good diet and are set in their ways. If they are adults they should be eating mostly veges. This may take some time. What are their weights? If they are at healthy weights then you could try offering just a variety of veges every day for a while until they dig in. There are a lot of good ideas on this list http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html but variety is key, especially until you find some favorites that you can keep in regular rotation for them. Once they dig into the salads, then I'd work toward one or two bug meals per week but keeping them on mostly veges.

Bexiebb

Original Poster
99430-7774061695.jpg
99430-1162676034.jpg
This is them now they are a good weight that I can tell thank you for your help from Becky

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah they look like they are a healthy weight. I would work on breaking their worm habit by offering a wide variety of salads and try to find favorites. They may refuse for a while but that should be OK. You might have good luck hand feeding them at least at first. You might also try cutting squash into worm shapes. I've found that works pretty well and might be helpful if they are used to worms.

76248-9983280538.jpg

Bexiebb

Original Poster
That’s a great idea ? I will give it a go and try to stick with it over the weekend fingers crossed ?? thank you very much from Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom