Meet Reptar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that she's alert and running around. I'll bet her appetite will pick up again soon. Usually if they are sick they will stop eating but will also act really sleepy and lethargic and start losing weight. That doesn't appear to be the case here so I think she's just being picky or distracted.

Sarairodri

Original Poster
She ate two wax worms yesterday. At least she ate something. She hasn’t lost any weight (still 6g). She is still playful, runs, and leaps. I still haven’t gotten the soldier fly larvae. I keep checking the tracking and it still doesn’t come out. It says order confirmed, so I’m thinking that they still haven’t shipped it out. Is it ok if she eats wax worms like for two more days until I get the larvae? Wax worms are better than mealworms, right? Mealworms have a lot of chitin which is hard for them to digest. Oh, also! I read that coiled bulbs are bad and that’s the one I’m using in her tank. It gives off the perfect basking temperature (95-106 C with infrared gun). I’m scared it will harm her eyes. I’m not sure if it’s better to have it off completely until I get the one she needs or if I should leave it on until I get the right one.

Jverniero

Hi! Reptar is sooo cute, love her name! I’m a new beardie owner myself and Hera went through a shed the day after I got her too. I was going through all the same worries you are, she wouldn’t eat and was lethargic. Have you tried giving Reptar a bath? If she’s going for veggies over insects she might be looking for some hydration. At the very least it will soothe her discomfort from shedding. There’s great post on here about the proper way to bathe them. The day after Hera’s first bath I came home to find a huge piece of dry skin hanging off her neck, she ate about 15 crickets that night. Best of luck with your new baby!

Sarairodri

Original Poster
Thank you! I’m not sure yet if Reptar is a boy or a girl. Sometimes I say he and sometimes she, jaja. She has still been picky with her food. She ate only 3 BSFL today. I hope she eats more later today. She hasn’t been lethargic though. The moment I take her out, Reptar starts running and exploring. I have given her many baths from the very moment I saw her shed and even when she isn’t shedding. I put drops on top of her mouth and she likes drinking water that way. What I do not like, is when I try to feed her and the moment I place her on her log in her tank, she starts sticking out her tongue like if she was cathching insects. I place insects and then she ignores them. I don’t understand why she does that.

Sarairodri

Original Poster
99382-3969985698.jpg
Hey guys, I was reading about stargazing and I really got scared when I saw Reptar in this position. Should I be concerned? I looked up images of stargazing and they are way more exaggerated, but I still have that doubt. Another pair of trained eyes can analyze it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom