Hey Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angellamb88

99357-724991314.jpg
This is Ron. I purchased him as a regular bearded dragon from PetSmart two months ago, but I think they may have gotten him mixed up somehow.
I’m having trouble taming him, as I’m sure is normal. He likes to run, and has bitten me once, but it didn’t bleed.
He eats small mealworms and baby crickets. He also likes the small calciworms on occasion. Doesn’t like veggies much.
Can anyone shed some light on his coloring?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is a nice red color but his patterns look like a normal standard dragon. His colors will change as he grows as well. His active behavior is normal and a good sign. They are especially curious when they are little so if you can provide a safe area for him to roam and explore I think he'll like that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it's common. The little guys tend to prefer bugs to get protein to support big growth spurts and that's OK. Do continue to make salads available so it's familiar to him as a food source. As he reaches full size (around 12-18 months) his diet will slowly transition to mostly veges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom