Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I’m Jessica,
And this is my baby Marmalade. I just got her like less than a week ago. So we’re still getting used to each other.
She’s just under a year from what her previous owner told me. Im super excited to be apart of the beardie community. If you guys have tips on getting her used to me i’d appreciate it! Right now im just letting her hang out and making she her needs are met and barely handling her while she settles in. I can only imagine what its like to be with a new family!
Thanks guys! ??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! She looks like a nice healthy dragon. She should get used to you soon once she settles in. You can try hand feeding her some treats like silk worms or black soldier fly larvae to help bond a bit. Some people have good luck putting a worn shirt into the tank with them so they get used to your smell. I haven't tried that but it's worth a shot if you're having trouble getting her to be more relaxed around you.

Jessicaahannah

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply!
Ive heard about the t-shirt thing and have thought about doing that. I gave her a blanket to sleep in at night so i could just put the shirt in there too.
I’m gonna get something to cover the sodes of her tank because she’s constantly looking at her reflection and it seems like it stresses her out. And im gonna get her some things to climb on too like some driftwood. Theres just so many things i want to get for her! Its exciting! Lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lots of good options for tank decor. Get creative =). I really like using nice flat pieces of driftwood as basking spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom