meet stumpy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivermilesgail

hello! i've had my bearded dragon almost a year now (got her july 5th, 2017!)

her name is stumpy... since she's missing a foot. i got her from a local reptile rescue, and they had no idea how old she is or how she lost her foot (probably had it bit off by another dragon from her clutch)
she's the first reptile i've had as 100% my responsibility. i've taken care of my brother's leopard gecko a bit but i'd never had a reptile that's completely in my care. i had wanted a bearded dragon for years, and i'm so glad i found her! i actually wasn't planning on buying a lizard the day i got her (i already had all the necessities for her enclosure) but i had gone to the reptile rescure to look at all the different lil guys there and when i saw the scrawny beardie with the missing foot i knew i needed her! so i just sort of went ahead and got her way earlier than intended. she's now a lot fatter and healthier than when i picked her up, and she's really sweet! every night i wrap her in an old t-shirt (that has now become hers) and hold her till she falls asleep.

she was shy at first, but her personality has really come out! she's really goofy and she likes to try and eat everything that's red. she's totally obsessed with raspberries and thinks any red item is one- including clothing. she also loves to run around and climb, i can barely get her to sit still for more than 5 seconds

sorry this post is sort of a mess, it's currently midnight lol.

now... the moment we've all been waiting for, here's the gal herself! i'm a very proud dad :']
31286095_172525940076347_9104919351386963968_n.jpg

28764984_2107302995951736_8871879378003296256_n.jpg

she also has an instagram! it's @stumpythebeardie - if you give her a follow be sure to say hi!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! It looks like stumpy is thriving under your care. That's great to see. I look forward to reading more about her adventures with you. Please let us know if you have any questions about her care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom