Juvie Member
Hi, how are you all?
I am Kris, I am only a new member,
I just recently got my very first lizard just for my
birthday 2 days ago, I'm all new to this experience
so I look forward to reading information and I just
hope to make a few new friends :) :)
so greetings from Australia :)

how do I upload photos? please, what is the rules? :)

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the forum. I hope you are enjoying your beardie. I actually dunno how to upload photos tbh. Rules can be found in the sight policy threads but baisic rules aren’t swearin or forum hijacking.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Hello, Kris,and a big welcome to the forum!

You have come to the right place for good advice, and friendly, Bearded dragon loving people.
I was new to beardies, too, when I got my boy DeziLu, and this site helped me very much. Now Dezi is three and a half years, and a happy, healthy big boy. He is my best friend, and constant companion. I also have made some good human friends here! :)

When you have any questions about beardie care, feel free to ask, and someone will be able to help out. There are plenty of friendly, helpful beardie owners with lots of experience here. There is alot to learn about good beardie care, but if you read through this forum, you will find good care sheets that will help out. Pay close attention to providing proper nutrition, hydration, heat, and UVB...If your new dragon is a baby, those are especially important, while he is growing at a tremendous rate (for his first year or so). If you have not yet read about UVB ( a special ultra violet light) and the dreaded bone disease called MBD (metabolic bone disease) please check that out, right away.

To upload photos, go to the upper left corner on this page where it says "menu" in green letters. Scroll down. Under the title " New! other fun stuff" you will find "user image upload manager" and that will tell you exactly what to do. It is quite easy. We look forward to seeing photos of your new beardie, and his vivarium. We love to talk all about anything Beardie! What kind of set up do you have? Have you named your new beardie?

DeziLu says, "welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons!"
82765-3228820609.jpg

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you very much, I feel at home already almost :) so this my baby JIMMIA, I'm also fan of THE LIZARD KING aka Jim Morrison lol sorry :)
98861-4833084298.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
Well, hello, Jimmia!

He blends in with your shirt! So, it is a bit hard to see him, but Hes a cute little fellow, isnt he?
And no need to apologise...Jim Morrison is a true legend, and the doors were way ahead of their time. :) I see little J is already making himself at home, snuggling. My boy did not snuggle much at his age, it took him a few months to settle down. Each has such a different personality.... I think you may have a very sweet Beardie!

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you :) JIMMIA is a girl :) here new photo I took of her, she such quiet baby, and such a poser lol :)

98861-6315764114.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
How is little Jimmia today?

She is a little poser, isnt she?! I am embarrassed to say how many photos of Dezi I have taken over the past three years...I cant seem to resist his adorable poses and sweet looks. And it just keeps getting better, as he ages! He is one, big, beefy (we do not use the f-t term on him, we just say beefy or big boned, ha, ha) Burrito of lizard love!! I am happy for you that you have found your sweet jimmia.With good care, and attention to correct nutrition and environment, she will provide many years of friendship.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you :) she is doing alright I hope :) is it normal for her to sleep under her uvb? and she being a little picky and not eating her worms and crickets :) can I give her any carrot or any zucchini? I also heard cat food; or is she to young for them? :) sorry :| how's Dezilu? :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
she is very suspicious when I take photo of her, she might be a funny little girl, I’m slowly refilling my happiness but I am happy to have a new friend :)
98861-557494006.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
She is sweet! As she gets older, she will be more calm, and spend more time just snuggling up with you, or sitting on you. They are much more active as youngsters. She should eat like a little pig now, since she is at the age where she will grow at a very fast rate. Lots of live protien is best, about 75% protien, 25% salads and veggies. Yes, some carrot, thinly sliced, or zucchini is just fine. My boy loves fresh romaine lettuce from the garden! He also likes berries--raspberries, strawberries, blueberries. Those are good healthy treats. Cat food is not good--not made for beardies digestive system, and too fatty and has other ingredients they should not eat. Do you hand feed the crickets and worms? Or does she catch her own crickets in her viv? I love the way hand feeding helps to strengthen the bond between me and Dezi. He prefers it as well. I always know exactly how much he eats.

She is sleeping under her UVB? They can sleep in some odd positions at that age, but at night should have a dark viv, to get proper rest. If they need a heat lamp, a lamp that produces heat but no light is best. I got mine at a pet store. We live in a very cold, high altitude area, so heat is needed year round for Dezi.
here he is just loving to be held.
82765-3806792987.jpg

dezismom

Juvie Member
She is already a great little hugger! She seems to enjoy snuggles with you. How is her appetite?
Dezi hangs out on me and loves snuggles
82765-6136402441.jpg

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sorry to ignore your questions, I’ve been trying hand feed her them but not working but I know she has with a bit of zucchini :) and yes I think she got a soft spot in her head she loves to be pat :)
98861-1259276471.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom