Meet Smaug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mon123

[ximg]98392 6877976446[/ximg]
Hello
My husband and I bought our 11yo daughter a 5 1/2 month old beardie for straight A report cards this year. She has been wanting one since her second grade teacher introduced one to her class. She named him Smaug because she loves “The Hobbit” and dragons overall. So far, things have gone well. He is growing, eating, and pooping well.
My daughter seems to be a bit bored with him after only a month. I believe it is due to him still being a little bit wild. He wants to run or jump away from us and explore or hide any time we take him out of his vivarium. He won’t just hang out on our lap, shoulder, or nearby. The only time he will “snuggle” is when he is sleepy or cold. He doesn’t try to bite and his beard never turns black, so I assume he is okay with us. I have been reading a lot about taming our Smaug and I make sure my daughter or someone takes him out to interact with him at least once a day, sometimes more. Time will tell!
Happy Beardies!
[ximg]98392 4094668105[/ximg]

TracyMarie

Hatchling Member
I have an idea. I love petting my bearded dragon, but it's not really easy due to all the bumps and sharp pieces so I got a nice very soft blush brush, and that is my Murphy's brush.

Get your daughter a nice very soft blush brush so she can brush him. I bet he might even try to sit still for a bit to let this happen.

I usually sit Murphy in my lap on top of a heating pad, not set very high, and brush him like that.

Mon123

Original Poster
Hi TracyMarie
I have been so busy with work and my daughter’s end-of-school-year activities. I haven’t purchased the super soft brush yet, but I plan to do so this weekend. :)

Mon123

Original Poster
I got Smaug a soft contour brush and he seems to like it. He still likes to roam around. I am going to assume that it is due to his young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom